Friday, August 28, 2009

Trucking Along!

This first week of training has been tough, but I've definitely been motivated to really get in shape and force myself to do some sort of activity every day. My legs are super sore from running/walking the hills in the neighborhood, but it's been good. I went to work out at Wayne's (formerly known at Coach Shaw) this morning. He stills scared the crap out of me, but he offered to make me a running schedule, so I'll post that when I get it. I figure it'll be good to have a variety of running schedules, and we can all figure out what works best for us and our individual fitness levels.

I went through my triathlon training files and found this outdoor circuit workout that I thought I'd share. It looks easy, but half way through, I'm usually ready to pass out. Here it is:

Start with 2 easy laps around the track

Circuit-4 sets total, 10 reps of each exercise:

Step-ups on each legJump ups (squat and jump)Sit ups or crunchesPush upsLunges on each legRun 1 lap around track and repeat circuit

Cool down with 1 lap around the track

**Don't forget to stretch before and after the circuit!

I also have some good swimming workouts if ya'll are interested, just let me know. I know for myself, I'm going to integrate a variety of workouts to build my endurance because I think I'll get burned out from so much running. I plan to follow a running schedule, but also have different things in there like swims, circuits, bike rides, and yoga. Yoga really helped me when I was training for the tri, but we had free classes, so I don't know if I'll be able to integrate that as much as I'd like.

Anyhow, I think that's all for now! Keep up the good work!

xo,

B.

p.s. did I mention how much I LOVE mapmyrun.com. omg!

No comments:

Post a Comment