Tuesday, February 2, 2010

02/01/2010 Nice way to start the month

Well I tried to make the backing in hard. It should have been an easy back in, but I tried every trick in the book to make it more difficult. Some days are just like that.

The unload crew was almost spry compared to their normal laid back pace. And the CRS (Maverick's term for dispatcher) was spot on today as well. 15 minutes after sending in my empty call I was on my way to ….. wait for it. Corsicanna, TX (yea I finally got one right). I made a phone call to verify that I could pick up the product on this trailer and it was decided that I could, but make sure to weigh the load. Ok no problem. This is usually a live load facility for the over the road drivers. The last time I was here it was preloaded but there wasn't much time on the load. There was plenty of time on this load so I figured it would be a live load for sure. Happily I report that it was in fact preloaded and the glass in question doesn't weigh as much as indicated in the load assignment as well. So no loading or weight problems and I only have 1100 miles to cover for a Thursday morning delivery. All that adds up to one happy truck driver.

Tomorrows preliminary destination is Jackson, MS. That's only 400 miles or so. Once I get there I will poll my lazy butt and see if more miles or in order. We will just have to wait and see.

A laid back Sunday drive through the country side. A win win kind of Monday. 2500 miles in on Thursday morning. Things are looking real good.

Have a nice day

Bookerz out


No comments:

Post a Comment