Sunday, August 9, 2009

LIfe in the Trucking World

Well, I'm now with Covenant Transport and have driven across the country 4 or 5 times in the last month. There are some things I like about this company and some things I don't. Like my dispatcher doesn't like it when a driver wants to go home.
Even after he's been away from his family for 3 or 4 weeks. My co-driver wanted to go home last week and our dispatcher gave him a hard time. Of course, he lives in Missouri. So that may have had something to do with it. or maybe our dispatcher wanted us to stay out longer.
Either way; it really upset us. The dispatchers go home every night to thier families but as they get paid by how many miles the drivers they have get- they don't want us home cause then we're not making money for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment