Thursday, August 13, 2009

Much Needed Inspiration

You know when you read a verse that you have read a million times & for some reason it just clicks right then & there? Not that you didn't think it had never clicked before but it just spoke to you, God wrote that verse on your heard. Well, today as I was doing my Bible study I came across Colossians 1:9-12 & it just spoke to me more than I think it ever has.

I am so incredibly blessed in my life but I have had a hard summer just with everything that has happened & so much has been going on in my life. I am constantly trying to make sure I am on the right path, doing what God's will is for my life, trying to figure out what His will is and it just gets exhausting. I am so worried sometimes about everything being right & perfect & I don't always take the time to just stop & listen. I spend time being lonely & questioning & I just don't listen, I don't take the time to let it all seep in. Then other times I am completely fine & know that I am content with where I am & giving it all up to God. I swear I have issues, haha. I guess the right term is just trying to "make" it, make it with God, not on my own but then being content with where I am at this moment knowing that it is for God that I am where I am and just trying to follow Him.

Well today I came across Colossians 1:9-12 that says:

For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.

I know this is Paul talking and I can just picture him talking to me, him praying for me as I know my Heavenly Father is praying for me. To me this is almost like a promise, a promise to keep trucking on, to bear fruit in my good work, to learn the knowledge of His will, Paul basically speaks the words I have been trying to figure out, basically my prayer for myself and everyone else. That we may all have knowledge of God's will for our lives and that we live a life worthy of the Lord. Why do I spend so much time worrying {which in itself is a lack of faith} when as long as I am seeking knowledge of God's will & carrying it out then I know I am living a life worthy of the Lord. When I meet Him I want Him to say, well done child and although I may have days where I backslide I know that He loves me & that He is proud of me & that I need to keep trucking on no matter how hard something may seem because it will all fit together in ways I cannot even imagine for a much greater purpose.

-----------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment